Sunday, January 25, 2009

The week in review and then some!

I will be honest I am new at this so you will have to be patient!

My Chase who is 12 years old had his first basketball game for school this week. He is probably the shortest kids on his team but man can the boy move!! He is so cute in his uniform! Even though you are not supposed to keep score...(because it is for learning not competing yeah bite me!!) the score ended up being something like our team 50 something and the "other team" 20 something!! YIPPEE they kicked butt!! Sorry I am very much into the whole thing.. just ask anyone who was sitting by "the crazy mom yelling"! Even got some dirty looks from the "other schools" principal!! Oh well somethings never change!

My sweet (but sometimes naughty) 15 year old Alex won the "most improved" award at school this week as well! As you all know things have been CRAZY around here with the impending divorce and all! But dispite all of that Alex has done real well in school this past semester and really pulled it out!! I got a call from the school and they had told me he was chosen for this award! They needed sugestions for a present. I told them anything BSU (Boise State for those of you don't know the lingo :o) Cuz he loves his "Broncos"! So on friday when he came home he was beaming and excited to show off his fun things!! Way to go Alex!!

My very handsome 16 year old Teil was surprised by his girlfriend this week and I must add it was cute too!! They were texting and he didn't nor I know she was outside of our house! She said she had a surprise for him and he could see it from the front yard. Well he went out and there she was with a black box in tow. He read the note that was on the box and it said something like this, "out of all of the "frog's" in this world I choose you to be my prince. Will you go to the sweethearts dance with me?" And in the box was a stuffed frog and hersey's hugs and kisses candies. The bottom of the box says, " here are some hugs and kisses for when we are apart... I love you!" How sweet is that? When I was in school we never did anything like that! Or I didn't and I was a shmuck!! lol Of course he told her yes and I know they will have so much fun!!

And now my beautiful 8 year old Gabby didn't have anything happen this week but I couldn't leave her out! She is... well I can't really describe her! She is just Gabby! She keeps me on my toes!! I wish I had her confidence when I was her age! She will love you and then tell you like it is! She is always thinking and comes up with the funniest but correct things so there is no arguing with her cuz most of the time.. she is right!!

So for those of you out there who have not jumped on the "facebook" bandwagon.. get on with it man!! It is the best thing ever!! You find people on there that you would never imagine finding. That brings me to my next "item of business"!!

I have found my very first love! We dated all through junior high! That's right junior high school! Who would have thought?? It has been the funnest thing ever! I am amazed at the memory the man has!
DB I will call him in case he reads this and you read this and you know eachother and I haven't told him I am posting this!!
Forgive me?
I have never known any MAN who has a memory like his! I am grateful because he has been able to help me remember some of the best times in my "younger years"!
And I want to say I am very proud of him! He has two very cute boys!! One of which is redheaded which is so not fair because I was supposed to have the redheaded baby!! Anyway... he writes and plays music still. And to boot he and a couple of friends have started a theatre group in their community! How cool is that? This weekend was his opening debut and from what I hear and read it was a HUGE success.. So congrats DB on a very successful weekend!!

Well I am off! It is late and I should be sleeping! Take care all!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Great introduction to the blogging world, Cheryl! :)

    And I can't believe the kids are that stinkin' old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blog. You will be busy keeping up with a blog, and facebook.

    ReplyDelete