Thursday, January 29, 2009

Eat while it's hot!

Well now that for most of the weather is oh so cold I thought I would share a recipe with you. It is for a very yummy taco soup! When I told my family (mom, bro's and sis's) I was gonna make taco soup for them all they were not to sure of it! How do I know? Well after dinner on the night I made this soup for everyone my sister Laurie confessed to me they had all taken up a "pizza fund" incase they were starving afterwards! Ha Ha they didn't have to use their money and to boot they make it now themselves!!
Ok so here goes:
6- cans of a variety of beans. I like black, pinto, red, white, and pink. Don't drain them.
2- Cans of super sweet corn. Don't drain these either.
2- 15 1/2 oz piced tomatoes
1 medium chopped onion
1- can green chili's
1- pkg favorite taco seasoning
1- pkg hidden valley ranch dressing mix
Ok so if you use hamburger cook with it the onions and green chili's.
I like to use shredded chicken because the chicken soaks up the seasoning mix.
So which ever one you use prepare the meat as you would taco meat.
Note: boil chicken, shred, and cook with taco seasoning.
So take the can goods and dump them in your big pot. Remember don't drain anything! The juices are your "soup base". Add your meat mixture, and then add your dressing pkg.
Cook until hot, add cheese, and sour cream if desired into your individual bowls and throughly ENJOY!!
We love to eat it will tortilla chips!!
Thanks for being oh so patient while I get the hang of this! I will admit it is quite fun!!

1 comment:

  1. So I decided to give your taco soup a try. It was a hit, and we have it on the menu again for this next week. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete