Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The master and his "friends"!

So I might be the coolest mom ever! You see I have a very sweet 12 year old boy. How does that make me cool you ask? Well teh only thing he asked for Christmas this year was clothes and a scorpion or a hairy spider they call a tranchila (I am sure that is not how you spell it but oh well if you are looking for the dictionary I am not it)! So off I went to the pet store. Well as I stood there looking at the two "evils" that I had to choose from it was more than I could bear so I left!! As the days got closer to Christmas I realized I really needed to choose between these two "evils". So I went back to the store and stood some more. When the store clerk came up to me I said, with a very horrible look on my face, "I guess I need to buy the better of two "evils" so I need a scorpion. I still can't believe I have it in my home! And for those of you who don't know Chase's birthday is the day after Christmas and so for his birthday he got a friend for his scorpion becasue I don't believe in just having one of anything because they can get lonely! I know whatever they are bugs for peet sake, but none the less he is a very happy kid and I am "the best MOM ever"!!


So this is what a scorpion looks like they are nice and black with a plump little belly. They have two claws on the front. These only pinch a little. Whatever I am not gonna stick my hand in there to find out!!














The three bottom pictures are when you put a black light on them.
If you notice they are glowing green! Pretty cool huh?
I must admit they are not as yucky as I had originally thought.
They are pretty cool. I even got up the nerve the other day to hold one. The feet are mighty sticky and it wouldn't come off of my hand! Yes I freaked out and Chase and Gabby thought it was the funniest thing ever! I told Chase," if it stings me I will beat you"!! Not really that's why he continued to laugh. He did finally help me get her off so I no longer have this beautiful "piece of jewelry" on my hand!



2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Living with the constant threat of those suckers here in the desert.... let me tell you.... they are NOT COOL.

    I think Chase and I need to have a little talk. :)

    BTW... love the monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute background, I've been waiting to see pictures of your trip!

    ReplyDelete